Safeguarding your loved ones from the risk of disease outbreaks is of utmost importance. Whether in households, assisted living facilities, nursing homes, or healthcare environments, one of the most powerful defenses against cross-contamination is ozone. This natural gas is highly effective, capable of eliminating 99.999% of infections.
In this section, you'll discover a concise overview of the scientific principles underpinning our Ozone Laundry System by O3EcoLaundry. Explore how this system could offer comprehensive peace of mind for you in terms of infection control.
Delve into the scientific advancements and innovation driving our Ozone Laundry System, designed to mitigate the risk of cross-infections in various settings, including households and beyond. Consider incorporating our Ozone Laundry System for added safety and peace of mind.
Uncover the technology and innovation that underpin the effectiveness and reliability of this system by delving into it today.
Ozone is a natural gas formed by the splitting of oxygen molecules into individual oxygen atoms, followed by their recombination through corona discharge to create an ozone molecule composed of three oxygen atoms.
When introduced during a cold water wash cycle, ozone actively targets and disrupts the cell membranes of bacteria, spores, viruses, yeasts, and molds through oxidative reactions upon contact. As these microorganisms can no longer maintain their original structure, they either perish or are effectively eliminated. This phenomenon is occasionally described as "lysis."
The following are the detailed steps of how ozone laundry works:
1. Air is sourced and then on-site, it's concentrated to start the ozone laundry process.
2. A corona discharge applies a high-voltage current to oxygen (O2), causing the molecules to separate into individual atoms (O), which subsequently recombine to produce ozone gas (O3).
3. Ozone is introduced into the water via injectors and is later directed into the washing cycle. I n this process, your tap water will be turned into ozonated water. The presence of ozone in the water is consistently maintained throughout the washing period.
4. Ozone disinfects the laundry within room temperature water while simultaneously loosening the fibers. This process improves the wash cycle and enhances the efficiency of the final spin.
5. Now, you can unload your laundry items, which are not only clean and fresh-smelling but also thoroughly decontaminated and ready for use.
Throughout the disinfection process facilitated by the ozone laundry system, ozone gas is continuously produced and introduced into the machine drum, remaining active throughout the wash cycle. Subsequently, ozone rapidly decomposes into innocuous oxygen molecules, eventually being rinsed away.